Remember when I said I was going to try to post once a week? Apparently I have a lot to say. lol. I really should space them out, but I wanted to put out my January plan to hold myself accountable. Here goes.
- New bake. In the spirit of it being January, I’m going to attempt something healthy. I have my eye on this recipe for quinoa breakfast bites. I’m a little bit skeptical of weather or not my kids will eat quinoa for breakfast, but it would be awesome if we could break them of their z bar habit.
- New dinner recipe. This is a combo goal! I’m going to attempt to make chicken tikka masala for our Epiphany dinner. I found a recipe using my best friend, the crockpot. Now I just need to find some garam masala. I might just order it off of amazon, but I also figure my kids would get a kick out of a field trip to a specialty grocery store. We’ll just have to see how much time we have this week.
- Montessori trays. Y’all! I actually had these ready to go on the 31st! And they have been a huge hit. Mia especially loves them. I can’t wait to get started on revamping my H is for Heart valentines stuff for February. 🙂
- Feast Days. As I mentioned already, we’re celebrating Epiphany this month on January 6th. We’ll have Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner since the 3 wise men came from the east. I’m planning to write up a whole blog post after the fact about how we’re celebrating. Since Epiphany falls on a Sunday, I’m going to try to come up with some more fun crafts and stuff since we’ll be home and not busy at school. 🙂
- Hexies. We’ll see where we are at the end of the month. I’m so far behind I’m not sure it’s worth trying to catch up. lol. I might need to come up with a new plan.
- Scrapping. I’d love to get November 2017 and January 2018 done. We’ll see.
- Project Life. Hmm… Maybe I’ll try to do June 2018 and December 2018? I’d love to get caught up, but I also really love doing current stuff. I’m going to play around this month and then solidify my goal for February.
- Portraits. No ideas yet. But I’m sure we’ll come up with something.
- Sewing Project. I’m actually really excited about this one. My Quilt Guild makes donation quilts for various charities and sometimes they issue challenges to encourage people to participate. This time they gave out novelty prints and one of them was keroppi! I’m obsessed with keroppi so I had to participate. 🙂 The idea is to add fabric from your stash to make a quilt or quilt top. Since I don’t really have a stash (yet!) I ordered some fabric. lol.
As you can see, it’s a charm pack of low volume fabrics in a whole rainbow of colors! My plan is to fussy cut keroppi hexagons and then applique them onto the charm squares. Then I’ll machine sew the squares together to make a quilt. I might need to add a border depending on how big it ends up. We’ll see. This is due at the February meeting so I’m hoping to finish it in January.
- New Park. I’m leaning towards a nature park rather than a playscape park, but we’ll just have to see.
- Blogging. My goal was to have 4 blog posts by the end of the month, but I think I’m going to change that to having a blog post scheduled for each Monday in January.
- Get Healthy. January goal is 2 work outs a week, 10K steps a day, and track all food in My Fitness Pal. Lofty goals indeed, but I gained almost 10 pounds in December! Yikes! Time to get back on track.
Should we check in on my Mini December Goals?
- Write Thank You Notes. Done!
- December Daily. Done! I’ll try to take some pics of it and blog them later this week, but the reader’s digest version is that I switched to a 4×4 format and it’s freaking awesome.
- Take and edit family pics. Done! And I think they turned out really nicely if I do say so myself.
- Edit/ Print/ Scrap November. hahahahahaha. Not even close. But this one was always a stretch.
- Organize new toys. Still a work in progress. Especially since I dumbed out a bunch of their toys to reclaim my Montessori bins. lol. But it’s better.