I realized that it’s July and thought it might be fun to see how I was doing on my 20x20in2020 project!
- 20 months of Project Life. I thought this was the least likely goal to have made any progress on, but to date I’ve actually gotten 9 months of Project Life done! And I’m still making progress. This goal is actually almost on track and I figure I have a good shot at completing it. 🙂 I’m working on February 2020 today (2 weeks to go!) and then I just need to fill in the October-December 2019 gap.
- 20 months of scrapbooking. I actually have 7 months done! I’ve done March 2020 to the present in real time and I’ve also gone back and done August-October of 2018. Currently I’m working on editing photos for a massive planned print order then I’ll try to knock out a bunch more. I’ve been doing huge batches of mixed media backgrounds which makes it much easier to complete a layout when I have a few minutes. I’m also giving myself permission to scrap fewer pages.
- 20 nights of hexies. Done and then some! And in fact, I have finished my last super hexie and have gotten fully half of the quilt assembled! I’m still plugging away on it. I spend so much time on zoom calls now, and it’s an easy mindless project to work on. 🙂
- 20 new adventures with my kids. Not gonna lie, quarantine has thrown a wrench in this plan. But, I sat down with my instagram and actually came up with 13 things that could legit be called an adventure! So I’m ahead of schedule! <3
- 20 new Montessori Trays. This is a case of “be careful what you wish for” lol. But with Corona Academy in full swing over here I’ve actually already made more than 20.
- 20 activities with my Girl Scouts. ::whomp whomp:: We had such a fun spring planned and it was cut short. 🙁 But even with that, I managed to get 8 activities done with the whole troop.
- 20 blocks for my Texas Forever Quilt. I actually just sat down and did a little quilt inventory (which is what prompted this post) and discovered that I’ve gotten 9 more blocks done! Which brings my total up to 30 of the 63 and puts me pretty close to on track for this goal.
- 20 new blog posts. This post brings my grand total to 18!
- 20 new recipes. I’m failing pretty spectacularly on this one. I’ve only tried 2 new recipes. But it looks like we’ll still be in quarantine for Thanksgiving so I imagine I’ll be trying out some new things. 🙁
- 20 Liturgical Living activities. We’ve actually done 6 things, but I would like to put more of an effort into these going forward.
- 20 home projects. We’ve managed to do 9! I was shocked when I went and added it up. We still have a loooooong way to go, but we’re making progress!
- 20 butterflies/ caterpillars/ fruit. Well, April has come and gone again without me finishing this quilt, but I have made some progress! I have all 32 butterflies appliqued and ready for embroidery. I also have all 9 caterpillars appliqued and ready for embroidery. And I’ve gotten 9/14 fruit blocks done! I still need to do 2 olive blocks, 1 grape block, and 2 blueberry blocks. 🙂
- 20 nine patches done. All of the nine patches are done! Honestly I had forgotten about the pinwheels. lol. Perhaps I should start work on those?
- 20 date nights. Well. we actually managed to go out on one REAL date night this year before quarantine hit. It was so exciting. 🙂 We were to a restaurant and everything. I’m glad that I set a goal for at home date nights since obviously now we go nowhere. lol. Michael ended up getting me a “murder mystery” and we had so much fun solving it together! So we’ve actually gotten a few more and they are so much fun for a date night. 🙂 I figure we’ve gotten a good 7 date nights in? #winning
- 20 plants from seed. Well, we haven’t had great luck with seeds, but we have had loads of fun with our garden this year! We’ve got 2 massive cherry tomato plants so we’ve been having fresh tomatoes for our morning snack almost every day. And we did get quite a few things to sprout even if they ended up dying in the heat as soon as we transplanted them outside. So I’m calling this a success! But I think that we might give it another go this fall? Now taking suggestions on what might live!
- 20 hours of staff development. Whoops. I’ve done a big fat zero on this. I should probably take stock of how many hours I have and figure out how many more I need.
- 20 new books. I haven’t been reading much this year, but I think I’ve read about 12 books? Nothing spectacular, just some mindless romances which is exactly what I need right now.
- 20 bags of trash gone. Well, I haven’t kept track, but I figure I’ve gotten rid of about 10 bags of trash? Still loads to go.
- 20 boxes to the caring place. I just took a huge load of stuff to donate which brings my total up to about 8 boxes? Felt great to get rid of stuff, but as always there is still so much more to go.
- 20 pounds gone. Ugh. I gained 15 corona pounds. Then I worked really hard in June and lost like 12 pounds only to gain almost all of it back when Michael broke his finger.
2 Replies to “20x20in2020 Midpoint!”
Wow! Great job on your goals! I just posted my mid-year update too. 🙂 I miss mom’s group playdates at the pavillion SO MUCH this summer, especially now when its sooooo hot outside. I love seeing pics of your quilting and sewing projects! This motivates me to go take some pictures of my projects too.
Oh my gosh, I miss mom’s group, and playgroup, and craft nights, and PEOPLE! How are your hexies coming along???