I can’t believe that summer is almost over! It seems like this summer flew by and I’m so not ready for it to be over. 🙁 Kate goes back to school on Thursday and that just seems impossible! But before I go down a panicky rabbit hole, let’s look at the July goals.
- Finish Project Life gap. Done and dusted! Yay!
- Project Life May 2019. Nope. Didn’t even touch this one. ::sigh::
- Scrapping- mixed media backgrounds. Done! And it’s working as I’ve actually made a few pages. I’m so happy that my scrappy mojo is returning. 🙂
- Hexies. I actually finished my super block #10! Amazingly enough, I only need to make 2 more super blocks and then basically all of the hexies for the quilt will be basted. I’m putting this on the back burner for now though because I need to wait for some new fabric lines to come out! I feel like I’ve bought every available charm pack that goes with my colors. lol.
- Christmas Half Square Triangles. I got all of these trimmed down, and about half of them sewn together and I’m really pleased with how it’s looking! I also decided on what I wanted for the border, but naturally it’s sold out everywhere. Grr… Note to self, next time buy the borders when you buy the charm packs!
- Take my kids swimming. Done! So many times over. 🙂 Kate’s bestie is a saint and she lets us crash her neighborhood pool on the reg. Not only is it a totally awesome pool, she helps me watch the twins!
- Make popsicles with the kids. We didn’t do this, but we did one better! I took the kids out for ice cream after Kate’s orthodontist appointment. Yum!
- Splash Pad. The local (awesome) Down syndrome group plans regular meet ups and we almost never make it to them because we have so much stuff going on. But today we made it out to the splash pad and had a great time! I need to make these meet ups more of a priority.
- Library with the kids. Done! I even managed to take Kate to the tween book club meeting that the library hosts once a month. Have I mentioned that our library rocks? Because it totally does!
- Thinkery. We made it! So much fun. 🙂 I love this place.
Time for some August goals!
- Girl Scouts. Yikes y’all. I’ve been Kate’s assistant leader for a few years now, but our actual leader is taking a break and asked me to step up. I have a lot to do this month, including but not limited to: figuring out the banking account, finding out which CPR class to take, and taking said CPR class. I’d like to get all of my necessary trainings done and finalize the fall calendar and budget before our first meeting. Luckily, my new coleader is amazeballs. Also, I found this awesome planner.
- First day of school pics and interviews. One of my favorite traditions. 🙂 I just wish I could find a new chalkboard that was identical to the one I’ve been using but not cracked!
- Quilting. My UFO challenge for the month is Kate’s unicorn quilt. Dang it. lol. I need to sew on one more border and then figure out how to quilt and bind it. But I think this is doable!
- Editing. Since I’ll need to order 8×8 prints for the kids’ interview books, I might as well go ahead and do a large print order to save on the shipping. On that note, I’d like to edit/ upload pics for Project Life May- July. Also, edit/ upload pics for Scrapbook November (2018)- July (2019). Even as I’m typing this I know it will never happen. lol. Maybe I should just say that I will start at November and edit/ upload until I reach 200 pics. That’s what I usually buy during their print sale anyway.
- Bluebonnets. I’d also like to finish hand quilting my bluebonnet quilt. I’m actually quite close and I think a few more evenings would finish it off.
- Appliqué. Speaking of bluebonnets, I’d like to make a new template for petal placement and go ahead and draw onto the background fabric where the petals should go. Then I can work on my appliqué while I’m out and about since I don’t have any hexies to work on at the moment.
- Advent Calendar. You guys. My mom is so awesome. I loved loved loved our advent calendar that we had when I was a kid so much, but I couldn’t find the kit for love or money. She tracked down an UNOPENED one and got it for me for Christmas! To say that I’m excited is a massive understatement. Now that it’s August, it’s time to start on Christmas crafts! I’d like to open the kit up, sort the threads, and get organized.
- Butterfly Quilt. Speaking of Christmas… I really want to make Mia a butterfly quilt for Christmas. In my mind, this goes along with a new big girl/ big boy room for the twins, but that may or may not be in Santa’s budget this year. lol. The quilt I can do though! (probably…) This month, I’d like to finalize the design for the butterflies and start prepping the appliqué. Also, go ahead and order the background white on white fabric.
- Caterpillar Quilt. And since they’re twins, Xander needs a new quilt too! His is going to be a caterpillar to go along with Mia’s butterflies. How cute is this going to be?!? Since his will have the same background fabric, I’d like to order enough for both of them.
- Professional Development. Boo. I so don’t want to do this. lol. But I’ve put it off as long as I possibly could! I need 150 hours of professional development by the end of March to renew my teaching certification. Yikes. I want to go ahead and trouble shoot my computer issues with the online classes (read: beg RaptorDad for help!), figure out a schedule, track down the certificates I do have, (I should have between 6-12 hours already done) and get 2 (6 hour) classes done.
Y’all! If I get even half of this list done I will be thrilled. lol. I’d say maybe I’ll get some blogging done when the kids go back to school, but I think we all know that’s unlikely. lol.