Historically, I just do monthly goals, and who knows, I may chuck this plan out the window in February and go back to that, but for now I’m going to attempt some big goals. 12 of them in fact. Am I crazy? I believe we’ve already established that. lol.
- 12 new bakes. Roughly one a month. Who knows what they will end up being, but some ideas I’ve been kicking around include roughly everything I see on The Great British Bake Off. Except for that time they cooked with suet. Definitely not going there.
- 12 new dinner recipes. Preferably something in the healthy range that doesn’t taste like garbage. Now accepting suggestions. lol.
- 12 months of Montessori. I used to be so good about making Montessori trays for Kate. I even still have most of the stuff boxed up! I need to get it all down and let Mia and Xander play with it. I’m going to try to rotate the trays once a month.
- 12 feast days. We had so much fun during advent that I’m going to try to make it a more regular thing. Who knows that all will go into it, but at minimum I’m thinking a themed meal and craft.
- 12 hexies. I’m so far behind. Y’all, I’m still working on November’s hexies! But I’m going all in this year.
- 12 months of scrapping. While I’d love to catch up, that seems supremely unlikely, BUT I can make sure that I don’t get even more behind. So in January, I want to finish January of 2018. In February, February 2018. Etc etc. I’ll work on November and December of 2017 throughout the year.
- 12 months of Project Life. Same, but ideally I actually will catch up. I’m still stuck in June of 2018 though, so we’ll see.
- 12 sets of portraits. I want to do better about taking “real” pics of my kids this year. Bluebonnet and Christmas pics are obvious choices, but I want to get 12 full sets.
- 12 finished sewing projects. Goodness, I’ve only been quilting for a year and I’ve already racked up quite the list of unfinished projects! I’d like to tackle that list and actually finish some of them. First up is the charity quilt for my quilt guild which is due in February. I’ve finally settled on a plan and ordered fabric. And needlessly complicated it. lol.
- 12 new parks. Time to explore!
- 12 months of blogging. I think it’s become clear that 3 kids does not lend itself to blogging on the regular, but I miss it so I’m just changing my expectations. Instead of trying (and failing) to blog 3 times a week, my new goal is once a week. Fingers crossed. lol.
- Get back to healthy habits. Blah. Definitely not the “fun” goal, but arguably the one that needs to happen the most. Frustratingly, it doesn’t fit neatly into my “12” theme, but my rough goals are to swim at least twice a week, get 10K steps everyday, and track what I’m eating.
I think I’ll update these and come up with the specifics once a month just like I used to with the monthly goals posts. This will just give me more structure for the year. Then hopefully I will add in blog posts about specific projects.