We made it to Maine! Yay! We drove in on July 1st- the OG Raptor’s 14th birthday. We’re currently settling into our Air BnB for the next 2 weeks right outside of Portland. Then we have 6 weeks in an Air BnB about an hour away. We’re hoping to find a house in the next few weeks so we can be finished with closing by the time our second Air BnB is done. Fingers crossed! So far, we are all falling in love with Maine! It’s absolutely gorgeous!
- Pack all the things. Done!
- Load Pod. Done!
- Road Trip Hotels. Done!
- Road Trip Activities. Done!
- Clean all the things. Done! Well, we paid someone to clean all the things, but they are clean so I’m counting it as a win. 🙂
- Find a house to rent. We’ve discovered that rental houses are a myth.
- Find Schools. ::sigh::
- Explore New England. It’s beautiful!
- Fall in love with New England. We’re working on it. 🙂
- Adventure. Boy howdy! It’s been an adventure!
- Find a house!
- Sell our house! (Fingers crossed for a quick sale!)
- See a lighthouse. This was top of Mia’s list so we need to make it happen!
- Go to the beach! This was top of my list. :). We’re not attempting it today because it’s the 4th of July and I’m allergic to crowds, but soon!
- Go to the Cat Cafe. Ugh. This was Kate’s pic. I’m super allergic to cats, but I’m just going to mask up!
- Boat Ride. Not sure how we’re going to make this happen, but Xander’s pick is to go out on a boat and catch a lobster. lol.
- See some mountains. RaptorDad’s pick is to see the mountains.
- Baste more hexies. All of my craft supplies are packed up! ::sob:: But I did keep some fabric and a basic EPP kit in my backpack so I want to keep basting hexies for the binding of my hexie quilt.
- Design map embroidery. I have had this project saved on pinterest for YEARS but I haven’t had a cool trip to do it. Basically you buy a road map and then embroider your path directly on the paper map. I’m wishing I had kept track of our exact route and stops in real time, but I get super carsick so that wasn’t an option. I’m trying to retroactively record our path though. I’m not sure how detailed I’ll make the map, but I think it’s going to be cool. 🙂
- Stargazing! We’re hoping that we can see some amazing stars out here! I want to play with my intervalometer and camera and try to get some amazing images. 🙂
So that’s where we’re at! Not much crafting going on because everything is packed up, but we’re having a blast exploring our new home. 🙂