I’m a few days late, but that’s because we’ve been having too much fun this week! It was our first week of summer and we managed to swim 4 out of 7 days. I’m so happy! We’ve really missed being able to swim regularly since COVID/ friends moving away really curtailed our access to pools the last 2 years. I am so freaking happy that we bought our pool pass! I’m determined that Xander will learn to swim this year and he’s already made massive progress. 🙂 I’m hoping to work on it with Mia too and she’s also made some amazing progress! Kate’s part fish and it’s been so great to see her having fun sans iPhone. lol.
How did I do in June?
- Smitten Quilt. Oh my gosh, I am so stinking close to finishing this quilt top. lol. I have all of the blocks done; I just need to buckle down and spend a few days to finish it. I always have a hard time with this step because it’s no longer portable.
- Teacher Gifts. We went with cookie delivery for the Special Education Department and a Sephora gift card for their *amazing* 1st grade teacher. I am so sad that they won’t have her again next year!
- Scrap. Well, I only got 2 current layouts done, but I did finish June of 2019 and that let me finish an entire album! Next up: July 2019. lol.
- Finalize Summer Master Schedule. Done! I printed off a blank calendar and just wrote everything down and hung it on the wall in my office. I’m just old school. lol.
- Advent Calendar. Whoops. I didn’t do a darn thing this month.
- Passport. Ugh. I never got around to doing this either.
- Pool Pass. Done! And like I said earlier, it’s been amazing. 🙂
- Prep Round 6 and 7 of Ice Cream Soda. Well, I put this up on the design wall, made a few decisions, stitched a bit together, and then decided that what I really wanted to work on was my Bee Yourself Quilt. I had been stuck on that for a long time while I tried to figure out some design issues, but I made several huge breakthroughs!
- Prep Japan Week. Well, we’re as prepped as we’re going to get. lol. But we’ve had a lot of fun this first week and I’m excited for more to come!
- Prep Week 2. Didn’t get much of anything done for this, but I did decide that week 2 will be Columbia (thanks Encanto!)
So June Goals…
- Bee Yourself. I’d love to finish all of the flags (only 3 to go!), finish the song lyrics block, and design 1 more block. It was so exciting to pull this quilt out again and I’m having a blast working on it. 🙂
- Smitten Quilt. Ugh. I don’t actually feel like working on this, but I’m so close to being done that I’d like to push through and get the top done.
- Scrap. Hmm… July 2019?
- Advent Calendar. I think trying to finish the gold trim would be good.
- Passport. OMG. Just get the photos taken already.
- Huge purge of art room. Um, we’re not getting new floors in the little bedrooms right now because we ended up using the money we had earmarked for that to buy Mia’s hearing aids, but we decided to go ahead and switch rooms anyway because finally ordered new beds for the babies and we don’t want to have to assemble the beds, take them apart to switch rooms, and reassemble them later. I am panicking at the amount of work this will be, but I am so freaking excited to have a clean, organized, room!
- Huge purge of toys/ clothes. Speaking of purging, I need to clear out the twin’s room as well. That’s right, it’s time to toss the old baby clothes and toys. ::sob::
- Current Scrap. Maybe a goal of 10 current pages? IDK.
- Semi- Current Scrap? Um, March 2022?
- Project Life. Zero chance I work on this, but it would be awesome to churn out some layouts. Maybe 4?
This is a rather ambitious list and there’s no chance that I finish it, but if I can get even half of it done that will be awesome. That and loads of swimming!