It’s my favorite day of the month: goal setting day! First let’s see how we did in March.
- Staff Development. Y’all. This has been on my list for so long, but I finally finished! And actually got all the paperwork done! My certificate is good for another 5 years! Yay!
- Butterfly and Caterpillar Quilt. ::sigh:: I finished the binding on Xander’s, but I need to finish the binding on Mia’s. And do the labels. I have 8 days so no big deal. ::eye popping emoji::
- Smitten Quilt. I didn’t make much progress on this. I didn’t get a single additional block prepped and I only finished 1 block. I’m losing motivation, but I really don’t want to take it all off the wall and pack it away since I’m so close. I have my quilt retreat at the end of the month so maybe I’ll make a decision by then.
- Scrapbooking. I actually made some progress on this one! I got May 2019, February 2020, February 2022, and all I lack for February 2021 is the calendar. Whoo hoo!
- Project Life. I actually got 3 layouts done and finished up January 2022. I still need to do February 2022.
- Backyard Clean Up. Done! <3
- St. Patrick’s Day. Bit of a mixed bag. I did manage to make a wreath, swap out the Montessori trays, and come up with some goodies for the kids. We did not manage cookies or garland. But there’s always next year! lol.
- Spring Break Plan. Success! We took day trips to the beach and the zoo!
- Advent Calendar. More ::shame:: But I did get a stocking ordered for Telsa so maybe that will motivate me to work on the advent calendar.
- Apron. Done! And it turned out so freaking cute. I managed to add a ruffle and everything!
What else got accomplished… I also played with some resin! I’ve wanted some breast milk jewelry since the twins were babies, but I never pulled the trigger. Well, imagine my delight when I found actually kits on Etsy to make your own! It worked out a thousand times better than expected and RaptorDad was thrilled to have the last 6 year old bag of frozen milk out of the freezer.
- Butterfly and Caterpillar Quilts. The twin’s birthday is on the 9th so we are officially in panic mode. I have to finish binding Mia’s quilt, make both labels, and applique the labels on.
- Party Time. Speaking of the twin’s birthday, I need to plan their birthday party! Actually, RaptorDad saw the panicked look in my eyes last week and basically took care of everything because RaptorDad is awesome like that. But there are still a few things left to plan.
- Subbing. Y’all. My mom and I decided to go on a photo safari in AFRICA! OMG I am so freaking excited I almost can’t stand it. We’re planing to go in April of 2024 so I’m in full on savings mode. Basically I need to sub for 70 days, plus 2 days a month which go towards our car payment. I figure this translates into basically 7 days a month. So this month’s goal is to sub 7 days.
- Scrap Gap. Hmm… I’d really like to get June and July of 2019 done. I’m on a wee bit of a roll so I’d like to keep some momentum going. Being basically 3 years behind is a bit appalling.
- Project Life. Speaking of being behind… ::le sigh:: I’d like to finish February and March 2022. Originally I was hoping to catch up with the Project Life gap before trying to tackle the scrapbook gap, but I’m just going to go with what’s inspiring me which, at the moment, appears to be scrapbooking. lol.
- Current Scrapbooks. I’d like to finish March 2022 so that I can stay on track. Maybe I’ll try going backwards? So if I finish with March, I’ll work on December of 2021? IDK.
- Advent Calendar. ::shame:: OK. I really do need to start making some progress on this. What’s reasonable… Maybe to finish the braid and 4 toys? Sound familiar? lol.
- Quilt Retreat. I am so excited about this! I need to figure out what I want to work on and make sure that everything is prepped. I’m thinking maybe I’ll try to assemble my heart quilt if I can finish the applique? Or maybe I’ll just bring my smitten blocks and play with them? Or Ice Cream Soda? So many choices! 🙂
- Summer Plans. I want to take a look at the summer schedule and try to see if we want to try to book a day at Hamilton Pool or Jacob’s Well or the like. I also want to figure out something for swim lessons.
- Daily/ Weekly Summer Schedule. Last year we were a bit more loosey goosey with the schedule, but the year before that (when we were in strict COVID lockdown) we had a very structured morning schedule. I’d like to find a happy mix between the two. Also, I’ve wanted to have a weekly schedule for years (ie Monday is library, Tuesday is messy sensory play, Wednesday is pool, etc). I’ve never managed to make this work, but I have hopes that this is the year! I also want each kid to have a daily checklist that has to be completed before any screen time.