We made it to October! Woo hoo! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I’m super pumped. 🙂 First let’s see how I did in September.
- Hexie Blocks. I thought that my goal of 2 blocks was ambitious, but I actually got 3 done! I only have 2 left to go. 🙂
- Butterfly/ Caterpillar Quilts. I finished both tops! And I’m going to have them quilted by a long armer. I thought about doing them myself, but my machine quilting is super crappy. Then I thought about hand quilting them, but I really want to give them to the twins before their 30th birthday. lol.
- Project life. I got 3 weeks of September done, but nothing else.
- Scrapping. I got 2 weeks of September done and printed pics for the 3rd week. I was just focused on sewing this month and didn’t get a whole lot done on the scrapping front.
- Windchime Quilt. I finished the 12th block and got it assembled! Then I decided that I wanted to do at least 4 more blocks to make it 4×4. Might even end up doing the full 25 blocks just because I love this pattern so much.
- Staff Development. I did better than expected! I got more than 24 hours done this month. In fact, I only have 25 more hours to go and I’ve got them all. 🙂
- Advent Calendar. I didn’t even pull this out… But I have to put in some work on it this month if I want to have any hope of having it finished this year.
- Ice Cream Soda Quilt. I made a bunch of progress here too! I took my Bee Yourself sampler down off of the design wall and put the Ice Cream Soda blocks up instead. Talk about motivating! I got the joining pieces onto rounds 2 and 3, prepped round 5, and am making good progress on finishing round 5. 🙂
- Mixed Media. I didn’t get much scraping done, but I did prep another round of backgrounds.
- Retreat Plan. I’m still kicking around ideas. I’m vaguely considering just taking up my English Paper Piecing and giving up on the idea that I have to bring my sewing machine… I’m also considering trying to machine quilt the Low Volume Log Cabin at the retreat. We’ll see.
Which brings us to October Goals.
- The final 2 hexie blocks. I think I can actually get these done this month! Then I can work on assembly in November.
- Butterfly/ Caterpillar Quilts. I had to order more backing fabric, but it finally arrived yesterday! So I need to piece together the 2 backings and then get it to the quilter. 🙂
- Project Life. Ok. I need to finish September and keep current with October.
- Scrapping. I’d love to finish September 2021, keep current with October 2021, and at least print the pics for March 2019.
- Advent Calendar. I’d love to finish the background this month so that I can focus on the pieces that go in to the pockets in November.
- Ice Cream Soda Quilt. Hmm… I’d like to keep the momentum going on this one. Maybe finish round 5 and get the joining blocks onto rounds 4 and 5? Then I can prep round 6!
- Halloween Costumes. This should really have been the first goal. lol. I’m not sure if we will let the twins trick or treat, I imagine that will depend on when they are able to get their first vaccine (please soon!!!), but I still need to make them some costumes and figure out some Halloween plans.
- Camping plan. We are letting the twins join Girl Scouts/ Cub Scouts! It’s taking longer than expected to get the Girl Scout troop up and running, but I think soon. Xander’s already been to his first Cub Scout meeting and he loved it. They are going camping this month and apparently with Cub Scouts that means our whole family has to go camping. lol. Well, the kids are excited even if the adults are a bit unsure. We have a tent, but I need to get us all some real sleeping bags and stuff. Kate has nice camping stuff from Girl Scouts, but the rest of us don’t have a thing.
- Fall Break Plan. We’re going to a little lake house for a few days with my grandparents and mom and I’m so excited! I want to plan some stuff for the road trip/ maybe plan an adventure while we’re waiting for check in/ plan stuff for the rest of the week while I’m at my QUILT RETREAT! I’m just a teeny bit excited about it.
- Smitten Quilt. I saved the best for last! I fell in love with the Heather Ross Malibu Smitten Quilt Block of the Month that’s been blowing up my instagram feed and decided that I simply had to do it. The kit is sold out, but I’m not one to let that stop me. lol. I ordered a half yard bundle of Malibu fabric and I’m making my own. 🙂 I’ve been working on cutting out some blocks while I want for my papers to get here from Australia. Hopefully soon because I cannot wait to get started. 🙂
I was feeling a little discouraged because I knew I hadn’t hit my scrappy goals, but I think I had forgotten how much I actually did get done this month! So I’m counting this month as a win. 🙂