You guys! I finished a quilt! I kept seeing this amazing pixilated heart quilt on Instagram and I figured, how hard can it be?
So I printed off some graph paper and sketched out a plan. To make it manageable, I drew lines to show where the 4 patches would be. That told me how many low volume squares I needed and where each of the different color squares went.
Here’s a big pile of low volume deliciousness. I love low volume prints! Especially ones that I can fussy cut!
I was starting to think that I had this machine sewing thing down, but then my bobbin put me in my place. lol.
I had to make use of my “design floor” to keep track of it. Seeing as how this is also my living room floor, I was motivated to finish it quickly!
Once I had all of the 4 patches together, I laid them all out and sewed them into 16 patches.
Then into rows and finally an actual quilt top!
This is quite a long post already, so check back in a few days and I’ll try to put up a separate post about quilting it. 🙂