First, how’d I do with August? Let’s take a look.
- Scrap January 2015. Done! I rewarded myself my scrapping some current pics. 🙂
- Birthday pictures. Oh my goodness. The babies are 16 months old. I think I need to accept that smash cakes pics just aren’t going to happen. I did get some pics at their birthday party and I think I’m just going to have to deal with the fact that that is as good as it’s going to get. Since that was my main excuse against cutting Xander’s hair, it looks like I might have to go ahead and concede defeat on that one too.
- Paint DAD letters. Done! They look a bit, um, rustic since I painted over the previous teal incarnation and I wasn’t particularly neat when I painted that year. Oh well! If I ever get these pictures done it will be a miracle 😉
- Organize needlework projects. Done! In fact, I went ahead and organized the craft shelves in my bedroom while I was at it. What? You don’t have overflow craft shelves in your bedroom to hold projects that don’t fit in your craft room?
- Summer reading stuff. Whoops. I went to enter her last 2 rounds of books, but the deadline had already past. Thankfully, Kate wasn’t too bothered by this. She loves to read so much that she doesn’t really need an external motivator.
- Living room wall plan. Yeah, not so much. lol.
- Garage sale box. Ha. Hahahahahaha.
- Scrap beach trip. Done! And I had so much fun doing some current pics. I didn’t end up bringing my big camera down to the beach once, (I was worried about getting sand in it) but I got some great pics with my phone and some cute ones with my waterproof camera. I will say that I love my waterproof camera for underwater pics, but obviously the water was way too cloudy for that to be viable at the beach. I do love that I can take it out in the water, but the quality isn’t all that fantastic if it’s not in the water. Still, I would have been way too nervous to take my camera or even my phone out into the waves so I got pictures that I wouldn’t have been able to get otherwise. One day I’m going to upgrade my waterproof camera, but it’s pretty far down on my wish list. First I want to buy all of the scrapbook kits. lol.
- Waterproof Camera. I did pull all of the pics off of the waterproof camera and got them all organized. The ones from our trip out to West Texas are amazing. I can’t wait to scrap them!
- Planner love. It’s not quite a habit yet, but I have pulled out my planner and started using it again. I need to print off a few new pages, but I love that I getting organized again.
Look at my tiny babies at their birthday party in March! Soooooo cute!
Now time to set some September goals…
- Scrap February 2015. I have 3 events to scrap, but one of them is my sister’s wedding (at which Kate was an absolutely adorable flower girl) so I might end up with more than 1 page for that. We’ll just have to see how it goes. I might scrap one pic and then have a facing page with 6 4×6 photos tiled.
- Finish June, July, and August for 2016 Project Life. Let’s be honest, there’s no way all of this is getting done in a single month, but I cancelled my Studio Calico subscription and signed up for a Hip Kits subscription which starts in September. I can’t wait to get my new goodies! With that said, I have a half used kit from June and unopened kits from July and August that I would like to use before I get my new stuff and the old stuff gets tossed aside. We’ll see how far I can get with this goal.
- Decide on Halloween costumes. Obviously this will involve coordinating the babies with whatever Kate decides on. lol.
- Scrap 10 current (non Project Life) layouts.
- Work on Xander’s stocking. I’m going to spend September working on Xander’s stocking and October working on Mia’s. I would really like to get them done this year.
- Finish hand towels. Another Christmas gift. This one is some cross stitched hand towels that ended up being loads more complicated than expected. Looks like I need to find a new netflix series to binge watch!
- Make FALL letters. These have been on my seasonal decorations wish list for a long time. I even have the paper! I just need to go buy the letters and make them.
- Organize DVDs. This is part of a larger goal to clean out our hall closet, but first up is to (hopefully) add a bunch of DVDs to the garage sale pile and find a home for the rest.
- Finish felt letters. Oh my. These are so overdue.
- Figure out something for family pictures. Tripod maybe? Or possibly just pics of the kids again. I also want to find a new location.
Hello, my name is RaptorMama and I’m addicted to washi tape. Like, I have an embarrassingly large collection and I’m always looking for new ways to use it so I can justify buying more. I also have a 7 year old with a busy social calendar. lol. We keep track of everything on the computer, but that doesn’t help said 7 year old since she doesn’t have access to a computer of her own (much to her chagrin.) In an effort to get her to stop driving me nuts this summer asking what our plans were for the day and how long was it until we were doing XYZ exciting activity, I made a calendar with the while paper that comes in page protectors, rainbow markers, and washi tape. We loved it so much that I made another one for the fall. I wish I could have gotten the whole semester up, but we ran out of wall space. lol.
I cut the paper into 3×3 squares, then wrote what we were doing and added coordinating washi tape. So all of her girl scout activities have rainbow washi. All of her volleyball games have yellow chevron washi. Etc. Etc. Incidentally, as soon as I signed her up for volleyball I tried to order volleyball washi, but Doodlebug has let me down. They have football, basketball, soccer, and baseball, but no volleyball. ::sad face:: On the upside, I finally found a use for the October Afternoon days of the week washi that I just had to buy but have never used. lol.
All in all, I’m quite pleased! It currently goes through the end of October, but I figure that once September is finished I’ll move up October and add November and December. What creative things are you doing with washi tape?
My children napped again today. It’s a Christmas miracle! Naturally I ignored the dishes piled in the kitchen and ran to my craft room. Hey, these pictures aren’t going to scrap themselves!
Since I just finished January 2015, I rewarded myself with some current pictures from our beach trip last month. So fun! And since I stopped keeping up with the latest and greatest, I still love my old stuff. Most of this is from an older Crate Paper collection, The Pier.
I’m also on a one photo per page kick. It means that our trip to the American Girl store is 3 layouts instead of one, but I’m loving the way it looks. I’ll catch up eventually, right? hahahahahaha
Well hello there! Goodness, it’s been a while. I have no excuses other than the fact that I was so busy having an awesome summer that blogging kind of fell by the wayside. Whoops! Raptor went back to school a week and a half ago, and ::knock on wood:: the babies have actually been napping since we’re not running all over creation every morning. And the olympics are over which means that I have no more excuses! I was scrapping up a storm last week and I finally have some stuff to share. 🙂 Plus, I have a million ideas buzzing around in my head and I need to bust out a crafty to do list. The holidays are coming people!
You get adorable pics of my babies at the beach since this would just be a boring pictureless goals post otherwise. And yes, I realize that August is almost over, but I didn’t want to wait until September to make a goals list. 😉
- Scrap January 2015. I only have to do 2 layouts, surely I can knock them out. As you guys know, I vastly prefer to scrapbook current stuff, but I just want to get these done. The first few months of the twins’ lives are scrapped but I need to do January, February, and March of 2015. I’m thinking I’ll try to tackle a month a month (lol) to fill in the gap that I have.
- Birthday Pictures. You guys. The twins are 16 months old and I still haven’t taken their birthday pics. I know I know. I want to get these done this week. Period. I jut need the weather to cooperate…
- DAD pictures. Ugh. Same story. I want to at least get the letters repainted this week. (I think we all know that there’s no way that I’m getting 2 photo shoots done in the same week. lol.)
- Organize, catalogue, and find a better way to store all of my needlework projects. I’m thinking gallon ziplock bags? I need to get cracking on these and start crossing them off the master list! Currently, I have 2 in progress cross stitch projects that are meant to be Christmas gifts, 2 baby stockings that I also need to finish before Christmas, a set of felt letters that are ridiculously overdue, a felt advent calendar, and a partridge in a pear tree.
- Enter Kate’s summer reading stuff. We have to do all of this online, and I’ve forgotten our log in info because I’m a giant spaz. Hopefully I’m not too late!
- Go through Pinterest and decide on a plan for the living room wall. I at least want to make a list of the projects I’d like to attempt. lol.
- Fill one garage sale box from craft room.
- Finish scrapping beach trip.
- Pull pictures off of waterproof camera.
- Start using planner again!