Anyone else feel like February was 2 years long? Just me? :/ le sigh Let’s take a look at how I did this month.
- Staff Development. Whoops. I mean, I did get 6 hours. Yesterday. lol. 10 to go. It’s crunch time!
- Valentine’s Day. Well, I never did find my box of Valentine’s Day decorations, but I’m still calling it a success. I made a wreath (first time!) and I was really pleased with it. I’m going to make another one for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Smitten. I didn’t get 8 blocks done, but I did get 5 blocks done! And I prepped a bunch more. 🙂 In fact, I only have 11 more blocks to go! And only 5 1/2 more to prep. ::I think I can, I think I can, I think I can::
- Felting. I strung my first garland! I didn’t make any hearts (I need more practice first) but I got a bunch of felt balls and roving. Originally, I had planned to try to felt some shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day, but instead I’m going to add some color to some white balls. I think it will make more sense when I’m done. lol.
- Project Life. Well, I didn’t do squat on Project Life. BUT I finished scrapping March 2019, April 2019, and January 2022. I also got halfway through February 2022. Yay progress!
- Advent Calendar. I didn’t get 4 toys done, but I did make a ton of progress on the main wall hanging. I finished all of the numbers, and got the numbers and the backing appliquéd on. Only (only???) thing left is to attach the braided trim and finish the toys.
- Spring Break Plan. Well, I still haven’t figured out a spring break plan, but we did decide to take an epic road trip in the next few years! It’s not going to happen this year because 1. planning, 2. need to save up, but we’re going to rent an RV for a month either (hopefully!) summer 2023 or summer 2024 and take a road trip up to Mt. Rushmore, over the top of the US, and then down through the National Parks on the way to the Grand Canyon. Fingers crossed this actually happens!
- Ice Cream Soda. I did finish those 2 blocks! I still need to cut more papers though.
- Butterfly and Caterpillar Quilts. Not only did I prep the binding (lies. My grandmother prepped the binding because she’s a saint.) it’s attached to the quilt and I’m working on hand stitching the backside. I do still need to make the labels.
- Survive Virtual School. Um, we’re all still alive so I’ll count this as a win. No lie, we were all so happy when it was time to go back to school!
I also refreshed my February Montessori trays and basted my hexagon quilt. 🙂
Now for some March goals.
- Staff Development. My certificate actually expires on the 31st of March, so it is officially crunch time. On the upside, I only have 10 hours to go.
- Butterfly and Caterpillar Quilt. The twin’s birthday is in April so they have to be finished this month.
- Smitten Quilt. I’d like to prep the remaining 5 1/2 blocks and get maybe 5 more blocks done?
- Scrapbooking. I’d like to finish February 2020, February 2021, and February 2022.
- Project Life. I’d like to finish January and February of 2022.
- Backyard Clean Up. We decided to rip out a big chunk of our deck as well as the indoor play room thing that RaptorDad built. So we rented a dumpster and it’s coming on Friday. This is phase one of the house reorg we’re doing this year.
- St. Patricks Day. I want to make a garland, a wreath, decorate cookies with the kids, and swap out the Montessori trays.
- Spring Break Plan. Even though we’re not going on an epic road trip this spring break, I still want to come up with some things to make it fun for the kids. Currently I’m thinking maybe a day trip to the beach? Not sure what else…
- Advent Calendar. I want to finish the braid and 4 toys. (hahahahahaha.)
- Apron. RaptorDad wants an apron. I’m excited to try my hand at sewing something different!