Mia’s occupational therapist has been recommending for a while that we put some contact paper up on the wall to encourage Mia to work on standing up. The idea is that you put the contact paper up, sticky side out, and then she can squat, pick something up, stand up, stick it to the contact paper, wash, rinse, repeat. We had some success with it a few weeks ago, but it needed to be refreshed since it tends to lose its stickiness over time. Since we’re having the in-laws over tomorrow for a Labor Day BBQ, naturally this was the perfect time to jazz it up. ProCRAFTination at its finest!
I had RaptorDad draw a tree outline on it (remember that you’re drawing it in reverse) and then we taped it to the playhouse. I cut out some leaves and clouds out of felt and let the babies go to town.
They loved it! I thought about cutting out some more leaves, but then I realized I would just have more to clean up. lol. But all in all, I give this one 2 thumbs up!
Kate *needed* some mixed media stuff for a homework project so I dug through the hot mess that is my desk and found my spray mists. Since they got put back on the top of the pile, they were front and center this weekend when I went to go scrap. I forgot how much fun they were! Check out this layout. Y’all, I didn’t even use any paper aside from the cheapie white cardstock! And that S in cousin? It’s totally an 8 that I cut up.
I used the “packing materials” method which, if you’re not familiar, involves the cellophane that so many products come wrapped in. You just spray a few sprays in the cellophane, turn it over, and smush it down on the paper hoping for the best. I’ve yet to be disappointed. 🙂
How is it already September?!? We’re getting back in the school time swing of things and it’s bittersweet. I love the hustle and bustle of back to school and Kate is so excited to start up activities again, but I miss the lazy days of summer and having Kate home. But enough of that! It’s time to start crafting for the holiday season!
- January Project Life. Done!
- February Project Life. Done and done! I even got 1/2 of March done. 🙂
- Cull/ print pics for October 2016. Done!
- Scrap October 2016. Yeah, I didn’t get this done. lol.
- Edit/ print pics from San Antonio. I printed a few pics, but I need to make sure I have enough to tell the whole story without having 30 pages in the book. It’s a balance. lol.
- Scrap San Antonio pics! Nope.
- Finish Cross Stitch! It’s done!!! I can’t believe I finally finished. It took me almost 3 years. Honesty it feels a little like I gave birth. lol.
- Cut out hexagon templates. Still need to do this.
- Revamp our lunches! This is going to be a work in progress, but I think we made some serious forward momentum.
- Steps/ water. Water is a success! I’ve switched to drinking from a big ARTC cup so I’m naturally drinking loads more. Need to keep working on the step count.
Here’s the cross stitch! The next thing I stitch is going to be a giant rainbow of color. lol. No more brown! I also finally made the FALL letters that have been on many a monthly goal list, but ironically not this one. 😉
Time for some September Goals!
- Scrap October 2016. Hopefully now that it’s feeling a little more like Fall, I’ll be in the mood to scrap these.
- On that note, I need to decide on/ convince Kate of/ plan our Halloween costumes.
- March Project Life. I’m halfway done, just need to keep the momentum going.
- April Project Life. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
- Finish Drew’s stocking. I’m giving myself one more month and then I’m putting it away so I can start/ finish my nephew’s stocking. 🙂
- Redo bookshelves in living room so that I can have all of my albums in a row.
- Create 3 Montessori inspired trays for Mia and Xander.
- Print interview book pages.
- Order remaining supplies for interview books.
- Assemble interview books.