RaptorDad decided that if I was going to keep taping calendars to the wall, he was going to find a way to jazz them up a little. And boy oh boy, he did not disappoint! I can’t get into the specifics of how he made it other than *he’s magic*! He used some leftover flooring that we’ve had sitting around for years and I absolutely love how it looks.
Instead of taping the paper squares to the wall, I attached them to the board with ticky tack. My plan is to move the weeks up every Sunday so that the current week stays on the top as opposed to doing a season at a time like I was doing before. Hopefully I can keep up with it! Like I said before, I mainly use it for Kate’s activities because she likes to know what’s coming up.
With that, we are 1 week away from our big eclipse road trip! I am so excited I almost can’t stand it. 🙂 I guess it’s about time to stop obsessively pinning road trip stuff and actually start making some of it. lol.
I can’t believe it’s already August! This summer has flown by! It seems like Kate just got out of school and now we have Meet the Teacher night tomorrow. :/ Before I get all weepy on you, let’s take a look at how we did with July’s goals.
- Scrap August of 2016. Done! Yay!
- 10 current layouts. I got 5 done which is nothing to sneeze at. 😉
- Print September. Done!
- Scrap September. Also done! Man, I was on a roll for a while. 🙂
- January Project Life. Yeah, here’s where the momentum stopped. I didn’t even look at PL.
- Name vinyl. Still nada.
- Print stickers. I had mixed results with this. I was able to print and cut some stickers (which is amazing!) but I haven’t been able to design my own. I need to get better at photoshop…
- Finish crosses in cross stitch. Done!!! And I’m making some serious progress on the back stitch.
- Stockings. I focused on the cross stitch, but I’m hoping to pull out the stocking this month.
- Steps and water. This was a giant fail. Oh well, on to the next month!
Time for August Goals!
- January Project Life. I have so many gorgeous kits that I want to be using! Need to buckle down and print pics. Maybe I’ll send off a big batch of them… Something to ponder.
- February Project Life. Why not shoot for the moon. lol.
- Cull/ print pics for October 2016.
- Scrap October 2016.
- Edit/ print pics from San Antonio.
- Scrap San Antonio pics! I’d like to do this while the trip is still fresh in my mind. 🙂
- Finish Cross Stitch! That’s right, I’m going to push through and finish this dang thing.
- Cut out hexagon templates. I’m making a quilt y’all. Or at least that’s the plan! I was supposed to finish all of my unfinished projects first, but then more projects (stockings ::cough cough::) kept getting added. lol. I might throw caution to the wind and let myself start even if the stockings aren’t finished. My grandmother got me some gorgeous fabric to play with and I can’t wait!
- Revamp our lunches! Kate packs her lunches every day and I’d like to come up with a plan to make them both healthier and more fun. That goes for the babies and I as well. I’m afraid Xander’s going to turn in to a peanut butter and honey sandwich if I don’t do something soon. lol.
- Steps/ water. Time to get back on the bandwagon!