Y’all. I really want to get this done before my Grandmother’s birthday in April. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I’ve been stitching like a bad woman this past week or so! I figured I’d share a progress report here since I don’t have anything new and scrappy to share.
I started on some of the back stitching already so I could break it up a bit. I have a long way to go, but at least I’m making some progress!
I’m still plugging away on my December Daily, but I’m in a bit of a scrappy holding pattern until that’s done. I need to do a major clean up/ purge of the space, but that just seems so boring. lol. Once that’s done, I think I’ve decided to go ahead and start my 2017 Project Life album and just work on 2016 at the same time. I also need to make a serious dent in my back log of to be scrapped photos.
Oh 2016. What a year. The highs, they have been high; and the lows, they have been low. It’s been a wild ride! This December, I found myself in need of perspective so I’m starting off the new year by rereading my favorite book of all time, Shogun. One of the characters is teaching another about Zen Buddhism and I find that I need to reread those lessons every few years. 🙂 As you can see, my copy has been well loved. lol. Pretty sure I “borrowed” it from my mom when I was in high school and never gave it back.
In other news, I’m working on my annual January purge! I finally accepted that I am not going to put the twins back in cloth diapers and I’m boxed them all up to pass on to another mom who is picking them up
before I can change my mind tomorrow. Hopefully this is the jump start I need to clear out all of the babies’ outgrown clothes and sort through our latest boxes of hand me downs. I also really really really want to do a major purge/ reorg of my craft room and my bedroom. We’ll see how far I get before I run out of steam. 🙂
I made a goal this fall to actually finish some projects before starting new ones and I did pretty good on that front! I finished a cross stitch project, a set of felt letters, and two stockings, all had been in my To Do pile for at least a year. Of course, now I’ve got a whole new pile of projects to finish, but truthfully I wouldn’t have it any other way. Some big ones are a surprise baby blanket for my sister, a massive cross stitch project for my grandmother, and 2 more stockings. I also want to make some new shirts and stuff with my silhouette and maybe even try to sell a few of them to pay for my vinyl habit. 😉 And then, as always, my never ending scrapbooks. lol. On that note, how about some goals for the month.
- Finish December Daily. I’m on day 16 and I’m keeping it pretty simple so I feel like I should be able to knock it out this week.
- Finish cross stitching the base of the design. Back stitching can be for February.
- Ball up yarn and finalize design for blanket.
- I’m skipping ahead a few months (I should be on August 2015), but since I have all of my Christmassy scrapbook stuff out, I’d really like to knock out December 2015 and make a dent on December 2016.
- I would also like to start catching up on Project Life. Hmm… Maybe I should go ahead and try to stay current with January while going back and filling in the gaps of 2016? I’ll ponder that further, Let’s just say 8 Project Life layouts.
- 2 trash bags from scrap room.
- 2 trash bags from bedroom.
- Pack away Christmas stuff.
- Design and create Valentine’s Day shirts for the kiddos.
- Design and cut out designs for our snazzy new water bottles.
So, some big goals, some small goals. I’m also going to try to blog more regularly, but I know better than to make it a goal at this point. lol.