I decided to morph NaNoScrapO into NaNoCraftO. What is NaNoCraftO you ask? Well, RaptorDad does NaNoWriMo which means that every November he writes a 50k word novel. Which means I’m left to amuse myself for a month, oh the horrors! This month I decided to come up with my own project to keep busy.
Initially I was going to try to scrap a page a day. I’ve done that before and, while it does encourage me to get a lot of stuff done, it’s just not as much fun unless a whole group is doing it with challenges and stuff. Side note, I miss 2peas so much. ::sob:: So I decided to give myself the freedom to finish any crafty project! What have I done so far?
November 1- I made a new washi calendar.
November 2- I edited our Halloween pics and made a Halloween layout.
November 3- Another Halloween layout.
November 4- I got nothing done! But the babies did try out playdoh for the first time. Mia thinks it’s delicious. lol.
November 5- I scrapped 4 pages! One arty one for Halloween (yes, I did 3 layouts for trick or treating. lol.) that I counted as project number 4. Then I finished February 2015! So glad to have that done. I really need to pick up the pace and try to get closer to caught up.
I’m focusing more on creating and less on taking fancy pictures for the blog, but if you want to see what I’m working on I am posting on instagram with the hashtag #NaNoCraftO. I’d love to see it become a whole movement! 🙂
Oh man. October was pitiful. Halloween is pretty much my favorite holiday but I totally phoned it in this year. Le sigh. I was just kind of in a funk, but I’m turning over a new leaf! Tomorrow is another day! ::insert random platitudes here:: For real though, I was looking through Pinterest last night and I felt my crafty mojo flickering back to life. Plus it’s NaNoWriMo. If you’re not familiar, that’s when RaptorDad writes a 50k word novel in the month of November and I’m left to amuse myself in the evenings. Which means I can watch all the Great British Bake Off I want! <3 (Have we discussed my obsession with this British baking show? No? I’ve now resorted to watching it on YouTube since I’m blown through all of the episodes on Netflix. Twice. It’s awesome!)
So how did I do on October goals? Not very well. lol. Let’s take a look.
- Scrap February 2015. Not a darn thing.
- Finish July and August Project Life. I got July done and 2 weeks of August. I need to step up the pace though.
- Halloween Prep. Sad sad sad. The children ended up with costumes, but it was a last minute cluster. Perhaps deserving of its own blog post…
- Finish Xander’s stocking. Nope. I tried to work on Mia’s a bit, but realized I lost a small piece of black felt and just threw in the towel for a bit. But it’s crunch time! I’ve got to get these done this month.
- Hand Towels. Done!!! And I went ahead and gave them to my mom even though they were meant to be a Christmas present and it was only October. She loved them. 🙂
- Felt letters. Well, I got one letter done. lol. Sooooo many to go.
- Cake smash pics. I gave up on the idea of a cake smash, but I did take some pics of them. It’s much harder to take pictures of 2 babies than 1…
- Onesie Papers. My mom ended up not needing these.
- Survive Road Trip! Emphasis on the word survive! But we did it. 🙂
- Fix buttons. Still need to do this.
- Take down Halloween decorations.
- Make some kind of handprint canvas with the babies.
- Finish stockings. It’s do or die time! I’ve got to get these done so the babies aren’t stockingless for their second Christmas.
- NaNoScrapO! I just made that up. lol. But I’m going to try to do a page a day in November. Fingers crossed! I’ve been getting the Hip Kits Project Life kits (and I love them!) but they don’t make one in November. Instead I’m getting their December Daily kit, their regular scrapbooking kit, and their embellishment kit. So excited! Current plan is to set aside the December Daily kit to use for my December Daily (obviously) and then bust into the other 2 kits and try to knock out December of 2015.
- Oh February 2015. How I’ve out you off so. But with NaNoScrapO, I’m going to try to power through.
- Felt Letters. This is getting ridiculous. Must finish these.
- FALL letters. I have all of the supplies, I just need to sit down and do them.
- Make a new calendar. Like this one. They’re a bit of work, but it’s so nice for Kate to be able to see what’s coming up .
- Christmas Card pics. Professional pics just aren’t in the budget this year, but I took some decent enough pics last year. It’s a but harder with 2 mobile babies, but I’m up for the challenge!
- Blog! It keeps me accountable. I’m going to shoot for 3 posts a week in November. We’ll see how it goes!