It’s June!!! That means that summer is here and I have all of my babies at home! <3 <3 <3 Let’s reflect on the insanity that was May. lol.
- Project Life. My goal was to get October 2018- December 2018 and April 2019 done. I got October, part of November and part of April. Progress!
- Scrap. This goal was massive and honestly I didn’t think I could do it. I wanted to finish up the first volume of my 2018 scrapbook which ended up being about 20 layouts. But y’all! I did it! The layouts are nothing special, but they are finished and sometimes that’s what matters!
- Sewing. I did nothing on either the Christmas Triangles or the Unicorn Quilt. lol. But I did work on another sewing project that’s going to be a surprise. 🙂
- Hexagons. I did not get my super hexie done, but I did start sewing together all of my blocks! Which has been super motivating and has given me the push I needed to keep going with this project.
- Windchime. I am so ready to play with this project some more! But I didn’t get a chance to this month.
- Applique. Finished! But then naturally I turned this set of bluebonnets into something else so I still need to do another set for my Texas Forever Quilt.
- Quilting. I didn’t get anything done on the Charm Quilt, but I did start hand quilting another project. It is much harder than I was expecting it to be and I was not expecting it to be easy. lol.
- Pictures. Done! I love my chalk board front porch pics. 🙂 My chalk board is all cracked, but I bought it so long ago don’t even know that I can get another one. lol. And yes, I totally write the wrong date on Kate’s. ::sigh::
- Yard Art. Done!
- Summer Curriculum. Lol. I always have such high hopes. This week is VBS and I’m volunteering in the pre-k class with Mia and Xander so my brain is mush! But next week will be better!
Time for June goals!
- Project Life. I want to finish 2018!
- Scrap. Hmm… I need to take stock and see what I should attempt next. Off hand though, I’d love to work on some current stuff! Maybe I should make my goal to finish 10 current layouts. I think I’m going to take one evening and try to make a big batch of mixed media backgrounds.
- Sewing. Since the Unicorn Quilt is meant to be a birthday present for Raptor and she’s turning 10 July 1st, it seems like I need to bump this up to high priority! Of course, it would also make a fantastic Christmas present. lol. Or 11 year old birthday present!
- Hexagons. I want to finish sewing together the huge chunk of hexagons at which point I will be 1/4 of the way through the quilt! I also want to do super hexie block #10.
- Windchime. I’d love to get the pieces cut out for the next block.
- Applique. I’d like to work on the next set of bluebonnet blocks. I have all of the pieces prepped so it’s just a matter of stitching them on.
- Quilting. I’m about ready to decide that I’m not going to do any fancy machine quilting on the charm quilt and just be happy with the stabilization stitch in the ditch quilting that I’ve already done. lol.
- Pictures. We’re taking another trip to the beach this month, this time with my mom, and I’m planning to attempt another round of beach pics. I’m sure it will be another disaster, but I have cute outfits picked out!
- Beach Trip Prep. Off hand, I’m thinking car ride activities and fun stuff to do at the beach!
- Montessori Trays. I’m thinking that updating them every week is a pipe dream, but I should at least swap out the Valentine’s Day trays for a summer theme. lol.
My rough plan is to finish sewing together the giant bunch of hexies this week and then I think I’ll reward myself my cutting out some pieces for my next windchime block! I’m also pondering the next block I want to tackle for my Texas Forever quilt. Maybe the rainbow? I’m thinking I’m going to make the stripes out of bias tape…